If you applied for and are having hard time getting permission for a second unit ("granny flat"), a second story to your dwelling, a conditional use permit ("CUP"), or a variance, if code enforcement is threatening you, or if a state department or agency is notifying you of [alleged] violations and/or trying to deny, suspend or revoke your license to do business, you are or will likely find yourself involved in the realm of municipal, or administrative hearings.

Municipal and administrative law is highly procedural and different from regular civil law. There are often short time limits for doing things and if you don't do those things you may be met with the argument that it is too late to defend on the merits and/or that you failed to pursue and exhaust your administrative remedies. This could also interfere with, or prevent you getting any help from the courts. Because of this, contact the Law Offices of Mark E. Hancock early on, the initial consultation is free.

At the Law Offices of Mark E. Hancock, we have experience in municipal and administrative matters and we have helped clients in all of the above situations. We have experience with and have successfully helped clients in quasi-judicial and other hearings before city councils and county boards and we have worked with code enforcement to resolve alleged code violations. We have successfully appealed citations and notices of alleged violations from state agencies and have timely given notice of defense and successfully defended clients in license suspension or revocation proceedings before Administrative Law Judges from the Office of Administrative Hearings.

Connect With Us

Tell us about your situation.